In keeping with the law and our own principles, we have to ask permission for you to share your data with us. Here are the basics:
What data are we asking you to share?
- The information you provide to us on this webpage and that is included in the documents that you submit to us, such as resumés.
What will we do with your data?
- Use the information to contact, and match you to our events within REEGO and our network.
- process information that is relevant to you as a candidate or as an applicant, which in some cases might require key strategic validations for skills and professional standing. Such may be as follows:
- contact and identification information (e.g. name, first name, last name, gender, date, and place of birth, nationality, email and/or postal address, fixed and/or mobile phone number immigration status, electronic email );
- family, hobbies or interests (not mandatory and only as you deem necessary to share);
- education and professional standing (such as employment and education history, professional qualifications, certifications and experience, past employers and their contact data);
- electronic identification data (e.g. picture or facial image, publicly available profiles on social media, online identifiers/cookies, access and connexion times, sound or image recording such as remote conferencing platforms, on-site CCTV or voice recordings for security purposes);
- More generally, REEGO will process information that you voluntarily and willingly disclose mostly during interviews and which should be strictly related to your professional capacity and fit for the corresponding open position.
- Processing for specific purposes. In this context, we will process the above personal data for the following purpose(s):
- phone or electronic communications, including interviews in person or remotely;
- apply assessments, tests or suitability evaluations, fitted to the corresponding open position;
- perform background or employment checks (when applicable);
- verify your identity, academics or qualifications;
- perform data analytics to improve our internal processes, as well as to provide a better service to you when applying for an open position at REEGO;
- share relevant information to the hiring manager, interviewers or selection committees, when applicable;
- keep a temporal database of key-position applicants for future reference. REEGO may, prior express consent from you, share your information with other organizations for similar purposes, only;
- as required under applicable law.
Can I get a copy of the data you keep?
- At any time, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a copy of all of the Personal Data that we hold on you, which we will provide to you within 15 days of receiving your request.
How long will you keep my data?
- We will keep your personal data for 4 years for the purpose of contacting and matching you to our events, opportunities, and alumni resources. After this period of time, we will delete your personal data.
Like many website operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data“).
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse the aggregated data.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
The security of your Personal Data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Under the GDPR you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Access your Personal Data;
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your Personal Data or delete your Personal Data which we hold;
- Require that we anonymize, block, or delete unnecessary or excessive data or data that is not being processed in compliance with the GDPR;
- Receive the Personal Data concerning yourself which you have provided to us;
- Object in certain circumstances against our continued processing of your Personal Data;
- Revoke consent or otherwise restrict our processing of your Personal Data.
For further information on each of those rights including the circumstances in which they apply see the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email us at email@example.com. The GDPR also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. At the time of writing this Policy, the supervisory authority has not yet been created.